Greenville South Carolina is the standout city among the 30 US cities that are named – Greenville. This city in upcountry will make you say – Yes! That’s Greenville.
It is one the quickest developing cities in the USA, Greenville, South Carolina. It has a thriving and revived downtown laden with restaurants, art galleries, boutiques, and so forth. With its ideal blend of southern warmth, extraordinary climate, workmanship and a flourishing culinary scene, Greenville is just a delightful city. Here is a rundown of best Things to do in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Go for bike riding: First of all, you should rent a bike; look into the downtown Greenville, and make a journey along Swamp Rabbit Trail. This is a previous railroad passageway that connections to the fresh town of Travelers Rest.
- Eat plenty: In case, you appreciate finding different spots through their culinary offerings, paying a visit to “At the Chef’s Table” would be an immaculate approach to eating your way around town. Also, you should try to meet the chefs because you can test offerings from some of the best Greenville’s top restaurants.
- Stay in the best hotel: The Hampton Inn and Suites Greenville is situated in the heart of downtown. It is located in an ideal area for strolling along the river or down Main Street for shopping and eating. Besides, it’s a new hotel and it has visitor rooms and suites with balconies that ignore the Reedy River and the Peace Center for the Performing Arts. It has also many amenities including hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and a welcoming staff. So, the Hampton Inn and Suites Greenville is the best hotel in the town.
- Be a shopaholic: The downtown area in Greenville SC has awesome retail stores, particularly for ladies. For example – the Traveling Chic Boutique has up-to-date yet moderately designed dresses along with neckbands, and bags. The jeans will fit perfectly as it comes in different sizes and shapes. Also, they are made with the Brazilian inspiration and style like – the Beija Flor jeans are sold in more than 400 stores in the U.S. But in Greenville, you will find only Beija Denim Salons. You can also drop into Cone & Colleman boutique to see a wide range of clothing and accessories curated by owners Janna and Jennifer.
- Listen to music: While staying in the city, you can go to the Greenville Heritage Main Street Friday concert series as the bands will play blues, soul, jazz, oldies, etc. You can also head to Main Street and NOMA Square also.
- Fine Dining: Enjoying a fine dinner would a high priority for many travelers. So, go to the High Cotton restaurant and dine with the city’s finest dishes. Not to mention that the dishes are prepared by the famous Chef Adrian Carpenter who combines local taste with a global touch.
- Visit the art galleries: Visiting the Greenville County Museum of Art will allow you seeing the biggest open gathering of watercolors by artist Andrew Wyeth. The exhibition hall additionally has a noteworthy accumulation of American art collection (from a southern point of view) of the provincial period to the present.
- Go outdoors: Going outdoors would be a fine option and for that, you should pay a visit to Paris Mountain State Park. There you can hike, swim, discover nature, and ride canoe. It is placed a couple of miles from downtown Greenville and the recreation center serves as a brilliant move away from city life and the southern warmth.
- Stroll around the market: Strolling around the markets in Greenville’s main street would be a great thing to do. So, go out of your room on Saturday morning from 8:30 am and stroll until it is 12:30 pm. Besides, the farmer’s market sells freshly produce food, flowers, and art collections from local farmers and vendors. There is also live music performance and cooking contests as well. So, there are plenty of things to do here.
So, here are the best things to do in Greenville SC. I hope you have enjoyed reading and I am sure that you will love to do all the above things while staying in the city.